Get to Know Us:
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing!
At BlackLine, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Cloud Financial Operations (Finops) Senior Manager is an integral part of the cloud leadership team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Cloud Engineering and Operations. This individual will establish cloud Finops strategies, provide financial recommendations, and offer insights to the finance department. Collaboration with business leaders and product/engineering teams is essential to develop and monitor TCO/ROI goals for each service or product. The Finops Senior Manager will coordinate with both business and technical teams to identify short and long-term financial operation enhancements, aiming to boost profitability and meet organizational objectives. This role is hands-on, evolving into more managerial responsibilities as the Finops framework and competencies expand.
You’ll Get To:
Sr. Manager Cloud Financial Operations will be the first member of a team of technical cost analysts who will work with our engineering leaders, cloud leaders and architects to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to optimize costs and systems. The person will also work closely with our finance and accounting organization on cloud cost modeling, forecasting and bill allocations.
• Monitor, analyze, and forecast financial metrics such as cost, usage and budget to ensure operational efficiency
• Identify opportunities to reduce costs without compromising service quality or business growth
• Provide financial insights based on deep analysis, highlighting trends and explaining the causes of variances
• Develop and maintain periodic financial dashboards and reports
• Collaborate with stakeholders to prepare budgets and forecasts
• Monitor and compare the actuals against the budgets, taking corrective actions where necessary
• Work closely with Cloud, IT, Operations and other departments to understand cost drivers and identify opportunities for financial optimization
• Streamline and automate financial operations processes to achieve efficiency
• Implement best practices in Finops to ensure a smooth, efficient and compliance financial operations process
• Mentor and guide the Finops team, ensuring they meet performance expectations and development gaols
• Oversee training and development to ensure the team is equipped with necessary skills and knowledge
• Ensure key stakeholders are informed about financial operational metrics, ricks and opportunities
• Collaborate with external partners, vendors and consultants as needed
What You’ll Bring:
• 5+ years of financial modeling/analysis
• 3+ years in Finance, Accounting or Cloud Computing/IT Operations
• Finops Certified Professional or equivalent
• Experience using Cloud provider cost tools (GCP, AWS, Azure)
• Strong analytics skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data
• Proficient in financial software and tooling
• Advanced proficiency in complex Microsoft excel spreadsheets and/or leveraging tools like big query for analysis
• Experience working with Engineering, Cloud, Architect and Financial leaders
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
BlackLine recognizes that the ways we work and the workplace itself has shifted. We innovate in a workplace that optimizes a combination of virtual and in-person interactions to maximize collaboration and nurture our culture. Candidates who live within a reasonable commute to one of our offices will work in the office at least 2 days a week.
USD $186,000.00 – USD $287,100.00
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant’s prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.
To request a modification to this listing please email firstname.lastname@example.org