SailPoint is the leader in identity security for cloud enterprises. Our identity security solutions secure and enable thousands of companies worldwide, giving our customers unmatched visibility into the entirety of their digital workforce, ensuring workers have the right access to do their job – no more, no less.
SailPoint has established their first ever Mexico based software engineering team. We are well under way to hiring a team of top-notch engineers and we are now hiring a Staff DevOps Engineer.
The ideal candidate on the DevOps team will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem solving, and is committed to delivering seamless product availability to large enterprises around the world. You will work closely with other DevOps Engineers based in Mexico and the US. You will report to a US based manager.
What you will make happen:
Over the course of your first 90 days you will learn the ins and outs of your team, get comfortable working cross functionally, and start to provide the following:
- Knowledge leadership and tools – Act as the go-to expert for stakeholders in Engineering and Product by providing tools to develop and measure cost related insights, metrics, and KPIs to help them better understand their products and how to build them more efficiently.
Within 6 months you will be comfortable with the above and be able to accomplish the following:
- Provide transparent and effective reporting and communication of cloud costs and savings opportunities.
- Provide summaries and detailed usage statistics for cloud resources that offer meaningful intelligence to right-size and scale services for optimal cost and performance.
- Partner with our finance team to build budgets and forecast models around public cloud usage and spend.
- Build relationships with key partners to understand their data requirements and translate these into viable reports.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes.
- Providing chargeback, showback, budgeting, and forecasting as core capabilities of cloud financial management.
- Craft detailed product level visibility that will help drive better business decisions and cost accountability.
- Operationalize cloud provider discount commitments (like Reserved Instances and Savings Plans) with vital governance, processes, and tooling.
*Must be willing to be part of an on-call rotation*
- 7+ years of professional experience in DevOps or Information Technology operations
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud provider technology services is preferred
- Experience and knowledge with FinOps tools (Apptio, Cloudhealth, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with cost optimization
- You are curious and data-driven – you are a specialist in understanding cloud billing and usage, you enjoy getting into the details and can identify actionable steps
- Proficient cost management knowledge including trending and variance analysis and forecasting
- Experience with capacity planning and rightsizing, tagging and storage lifecycle policies, and automation
- Analytical skills to collect, coordinate and present sophisticated data to a variety of audiences
- Experience reconciling billing across several AWS accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Have excellent communication skills- English fluency of C1 or higher preferred
Benefits and Perks for Mexico based employees:
SailPoint is committed to providing our Crew Members with a benefits program that is both comprehensive and competitive. Our benefits program offers medical/pharmacy and dental coverage, as well as financial security for our Crew Members and their families. All premiums are paid by SailPoint.
- Full time remote employment
- Competitive salaries
- Company sponsored healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Annual performance bonus
- Phone and internet reimbursement
- Private equity at certain levels
- 33% prima vacaciones
- Christmas Bonus equivalent to 20 days of salary
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.