About the job
In Finance Operations, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. We provide end-to-end assistance to support Uber globally across procure to pay; strategic sourcing, logistics, and supply chain; contingent workforce; B2B order to cash; payroll; travel, expense, and business visas; intelligent automation; and F&A shared services.
About The Role
Reporting to Uber’s global technology strategic sourcing organization you will be responsible for supporting multiple In-direct tech commodities including public cloud negotiation, A.I., and SaaS software solutions. Your role will support developing deal/market strategies for negotiations (commercial and contractual) and operational governance strategies.
Given your experience as a sourcing professional with uncommonly strong negotiation skills you will drive substantial value targets while meeting partners’ needs. You should have command of sourcing and vetting new suppliers, commercial terms, red-lining contracts, and vendor expediting and management
What You’ll Do
- Partner with a technology strategic sourcing team and cross-functional collaborators to align with the process by which the right new vendors are found, rigorously vetted, contracted, and on-boarded quickly.
- Negotiate Cloud (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) strategies (both commercial and contractual)
- Develop and complete innovative strategies that drive cost reduction, continuous analysis of supplier performance, and overall business value.
- Understand and implement our policies in terms of quality requirements, and brand guidelines to reflect the Uber brand.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on analysis, research, industry trends, benchmarking, and standard processes.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key partners. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results through agreed-upon strategies.
- Ensure what you are working on is in alignment with your internal customers with respect to objectives (quality, design, timeline, sustainability…).
- Accountable for driving communication and reporting to keep internal clients informed of progress and benefits.
- Work with internal risk and compliance groups to ensure category strategies account for relevant laws and regulations.
- Establish category metrics and savings targets, monitor performance, and related reports, and communicate these to team members. Able to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and build strong business partnerships.
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in global procurement and/or strategic sourcing. Preference for technology sourcing experience
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Finops Foundation certifications are a plus.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, often virtual, fast-paced culture
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and organizational, interpersonal & motivational skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations. Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
For Chicago, IL-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$125,000 per year – USD$138,500 per year. For Dallas, TX-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$125,000 per year – USD$138,500 per year. For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$125,000 per year – USD$138,500 per year. For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.