We are looking for a hands-on technical project manager and FinOps enthusiastic who can meet us at the crossroads of business practicality and technical data savvy. You will help clients harness the value of their data and implement best practices for FinOps/cloud optimization by collaborating closely with applications & engineering teams. You will work in a fast environment with technology with various internal teams to drive large-scale cloud adoption and will be an integral part of Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCOE).
What will you do?
- Analyze cloud data to identify cost optimization and usage opportunities and create specific recommendations; review those recommendations with clients
- Monitor and report on cloud usage against budget and forecast, explore trends in cloud spend
- Create reports, dashboards and alerts to track spending and usage trends and the potential impact of cost optimizations
- Closely partner with Engineering teams to understand Cloud business processes and cost drivers
- Where needed, assist in implementing, maintaining and governing the FinOps service
- Work with the technical teams (both internal and client) to ensure proper tagging and allocation of cloud resources for accurate cost tracking and reporting (both initially and ongoing)
- Monitor cloud consumption at the account level to detect, investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes.
- Develop data pipelines, visualizations, metrics, and enterprise dashboards via automated solutions to centralize import information for Cloud consumption within FinOps and application/development teams.
- Own analysis and recommendations based on Cloud consumption and cost data directly from CSP sources ( Cloud ), as well as Cloud data from internally developed DBs/Tools
- Monitor cloud resources efficiency across accounts, report violations, develop recommendations, and collaborate with teams to implement improvements
- Participate in deep analysis relating cloud capacity commitment purchases to optimize spend and reduce on demand usage where possible
- Develop and create cost and usage reports with cost reduction and performance improvement recommendations such as Reserved instance, Spot, or commitment-based purchases.
- Aid the IT Finance team for monthly Cloud Consumption reporting
- Provide Cost Center Owners actionable recommendations on cloud spend to optimize their cloud spend
- Ensure tagging compliance are improved & data feeds to automated dashboards are always available
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance or equivalent degree and experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience as an Information Technology or Finance professional managing IT
- 3 to 5 years of developing data & analytics products via the cloud.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly.
- Ability to think strategically, execute surgically, and prioritize multiple tasks or agendas under pressure
- Understanding of cloud billing practices and procedures
- Ability to create data visualizations, including PowerBI and or scripting via Python, BASH, SQL, R, etc
- Interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills, coupled with analytical thinking and problem-solving skills