The Director of Infrastructure Capacity and FinOps will design and execute capacity strategies, cloud growth, and financial infrastructure metrics. This role will also be responsible for communicating these metrics and strategies, as well as futures needs to the broader organization. The incumbent will work across engineering and operations teams to ensure consistent designs and implementations of capacity systems and operations workflows. This is a very hands-on position requiring extensive design and operations experience on multiple platforms with the ability to prototype and/or fully develop or integrate functionality in partnership with operations teams.
The incumbent will also play a key role with new partners or acquisitions to assess and define how system infrastructures or services will integrate with Surescripts system architecture and define roadmap for capacity integration. This role interacts with CIOs, CTOs, Chief Architects, and business executives from both internal and external companies to accomplish objectives.
- Lead and establish the Capacity Planning and FinOps functions within Surescripts. Responsible for communicating and driving organization-wide Capacity Planning and FinOps strategies.
- Define a vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution plans for capacity management as Surescripts grows into the commercial cloud space.
- Work closely with operations groups during the operations design cycle to ensure products can be efficiently and effectively deployed, monitored, and scaled.
- Function as a facilitator of capacity and financial infrastructure fundamentals, working with the engineering and operations teams to surface key issues and solutions for efficient and transparent decision making.
- Identify, define, and prioritize key infrastructure functionality necessary to build or buy to meet the needs of the business.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining system capacity.
- Support of annual budget and long-range planning for both commercial and internal technology platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in related, progressive roles
- 3+ years of Cloud/FinOps experience
- 3+ years of people management experience or experience in roles showing progressive leadership.
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with data reporting and analytics.
- Oversight of performance testing; both software and data/query.
- Broad visibility and awareness of industry trends and tools.
- IT management process experience
- Experience directing the management of resources in a public cloud provider.