SXiQ FinOps Architect
Published: 9th February 2023
Closing Date: 27th February 2023
About the job
- Cloud Services Company
- Flexible Working environment
- Remote Working Opportunity
SXiQ is a fast paced, high energy, Cloud Services business that works across a range of industries with leading Australian organisations. Operating across a variety of technical environments, we partner with both AWS and Microsoft to provide both cloud-in-a-box and hybrid cloud solutions through intelligent cloud orchestration and interconnectivity.
We specialise and support our clients across three pillars:
- Multi-Cloud Services
- Digital transformation
Our Mission is to help our customers unleash the immense technical and business benefits of the cloud, so they can drive faster innovation, smarter insights and disrupt their industries in ways they never imagined possible.
Our mission is ultimately about helping our customers enhance their own competitive advantages and take their digital transformation further and deeper.
Our business is growing rapidly, and we have an opportunity for an experienced Financial Operations Architect to join our team who will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cost management practices, developing cloud optimisation and rightsizing opportunities, designing, and implementing architectural models, pilot the choice of FinOps tools and processes, and foster innovation.
This person will drive the implementation of the cloud strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services. You will lead, develop, and implement the processes and capabilities required to ensure costs optimization.
- Develops well architected data solutions, optimised for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security.
- Develops and drives the cloud data strategy along with the introduction of new emerging technologies and public cloud services, cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring strategies
- Designs target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Solution Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
- Develops Reusable Patterns for application development in the public cloud to deploy and modernise applications, provide governance around adoption, and affect application development teams on roadmaps and designs
- Ensures all technical leaders have architected resilient and extensive systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
- Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Leads the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud development.
- Directs Architecture and Cloud Engineering teams in defining data technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans. Oversees the implementation of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Leads in a dynamic environment and produces high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Mentors and works with both senior and junior developers and architects to bring them up to speed on cloud architectures, including modern programming languages, micro services and container-based deployments.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with public cloud architecture, Cloud strategy, networking, security, compliance workload types, migration patterns and tools.
- Experience with various enterprise applications and IT services, as well as software development, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines.
- Knowledge of cloud design patterns, cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices or suggested improvements.
- Experience suggesting competitive and innovative technical decisions, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments
- Experience re-architecting applications for cloud platforms.
- Certification: Cloud FinOps.
- Experience in driving deep architectural discussions to help customers ensure they are making the most cost-efficient cloud usage choices.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the cloud optimisation practice and make recommendations on reserved capacity strategy, utilisation optimisation opportunities, product architectural recommendations to promote cost savings, and discounts for optimisation.
- Lead, develop, and implement the processes and capabilities required that ensure costs optimisation.
- Collaborate with technology teams to incorporate cost management best practices into cloud platforms via tagging, alerting and configurations that supports financial monitoring of cloud platforms.
- Create and oversee a cloud billing dashboard to track, manage and optimise cloud costs and Reserved Instance purchases.
- Perform consumption analysis to define and execute reserved instances and savings plans.
- Develop opportunities to optimise costs and operational improvement with key infrastructure and service providers.
- Knowledge of app & data architectures and cloud native patterns for development, etc.
- Experience presenting technical ideas in business-friendly language.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability.
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS services and cloud technologies, for example Databricks, AKS, ADF, Log Analytics, Load Balancing, Disaster recovery
Benefits of working at SXiQ
- We live our core values: Insightful, Inquisitive and Intuitive
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work with industry experienced professionals
- Performance Bonus
- Professional Development
- Company social events
- Focus on employee health and wellbeing
- Please apply using the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: SXiQ
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Manager
- FinOps Certifications Required: Certified Practitioner