As a Cloud FinOps Lead, you are responsible for developing and implementing a robust program for cloud cost management that includes: a service-based cost allocation and classification strategy, tracking and management of cloud costs, cloud services rates settings, and defining consumption and show-back/charge-back reports from both the provider and consumer perspective.
You need to be technically strong and intimately familiar with public clouds (AWS, Azure) to drive cost-optimization. You’ll be driving improvements with cloud & compute squads to adopt latest strategies of AWS and Azure to save cost. Cost initiatives must be Cloud agnostic which can scale up / scale down on Hybrid Cloud strategies (eg: AWS, Azure).
You contribute to the high performing culture of the Cloud & Compute by delivering a user experience that is better, faster, and cheaper through cloud.
You share a collective responsibility with your peers within the squad for the end-to-end lifecycle management of the service or product you are delivering. You are consistently contributing and delivering against the squad priorities and roadmaps.
- Create Cloud cost optimization framework and Governance mechanism.
- Establish strong cost management practice in the Public Cloud for AWS and Azure.
- Identify opportunities for cost optimization; Analyze AWS / Azure financial reports and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Optimize Cloud costs by defining / tracking cost plans, reserved Instances, enterprise saving plans.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure capacity and demand forecasts – incl. day to day monitoring and tracking of cloud capacity & resource mgmt. for all services
- Define cloud cost performance KPIs and track against agreed KPIs on a regular basis.
- Implement cost optimization and governance strategies for continuous cost optimization.
- Help define, implement, maintain and automatically remediate tagging standards for AWS and Azure.
- Drive a positive and close working relationship with Syngenta’s IT teams and selected collaborators and outsourcing partners. Pro-actively communicate and engage with the IT and Business communities as a visible ambassador of IT and digital
- You are an agile team member and actively participate in a learning culture.
- 5+ years of experience with one/more public/private cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.).
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, financial reporting, and workflow management in a large service operations environment. Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools/APIs.
- Understanding of cloud providers, platforms and configurations and familiarity with workload usage/consumption patterns on cloud.
- Good understanding of billing on cloud platforms (incl. impact of usage patterns on TCO)
- Ability to support agile decision making across multiple cloud services, with short-cycle analytics and problem solving.
- Ability to develop effective reporting schemes/metrics to maintain strong control on usage and billing of cloud services.
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (across IT, finance, business functions) and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Demonstrated skills in working across multi-functional teams to bring increased business value through seeing the bigger picture, collaboration and alignment of diverse needs
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification preferred