Title: Lead Cloud Engineer
Duration: 4-5 Months
Location: Newark, NJ(Hybrid)
Visa: USC, GC, GC EAD and H4EAD
What You’ll Do:
- Drive FinOps initiatives including tracking spend, working with business partners on delivering cost optimized solutions, and building dashboards to ensure detailed insights for better decision making.
- Develop and support solutions to automate the creation, management, or destruction of infrastructure, actively code against the roadmap.
- Actively work with the team to identify and execute on automation ideas and process improvements.
- Develop corporate platform standards based on cost, capability, and capacity requirements to drive business value; document solutions to support the adoption of developed solutions.
- Bring an applied understanding of relevant and emerging technologies, begin to see opportunities to provide input to the team and coach others, and embed learning and innovation in the day-to-day
- Work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Increase governance transparency through automated dashboards.
- Maintain several of our repositories including Confluence and SharePoint environments.
- Collaborate with business units and engineers to stay abreast of new products and features and integrate into training materials.
- Track and report, training-related metrics and KPIs and continuously drive improvement against KPIs.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering or experience in related fields
- Finance and Insurance industry experience is highly desired.
- Leverage diverse ideas, experiences, thoughts, and perspectives to the benefit of the organization.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of business concepts tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business.
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge on an on-going basis through self-initiative and tackling challenges.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Applied experience with several of the following:
- Cloud Approved Services: compute, containers, serverless, storage, network, data, integration, event management, logging, alerting, security, AI/ML, database, analytics, and content delivery
- Programming Languages: Python, Shell/Power scripting, Modern languages
- Application Programming Interfaces (API): Consumption & Development
- Dev Ops Tools & Practices: awareness, understanding of DevOps automation tools, practices & capabilities (continuous integration & continuous delivery)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Development and Design Fundamentals including SDLC and coding standards.
- Cloud Computing: Understanding and knowledge (of 1 or more): AWS, Azure or GCP
- Cloud service consumption and usage trend
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability