We are looking for Cloud Cost Optimization Engineer who will be part of Product Engineering team and responsible for improving the efficiency of our cloud infrastructure spend. You will be driving the strategy and engineering efforts needed to understand the spend and develop cost control and optimization tools and techniques.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as financial analysis and forecasting.
Strong written & verbal communication skills (in English) are required to facilitate work across multiple countries and time zones.
- Use creative and analytical techniques to deliver targeted cost optimization solutions. Develop insightful views in to cost and usage data that enable executives to understand spend.
- Design and implement enhanced tagging and tracking of resources on public clouds.
- Develop standards around environment right sizing.
- Work with product management and engineering leadership to optimize workloads in the cloud through product enhancements.
- Develop models for forecasting of cost based on business requirements.
- This position will also coordinate with development teams, architects, and QA Teams to validate configuration with industry standard best practices around cost efficiency.
- Good technical skill in AWS, Azure, GCP software architecture and cloud computing
- Provide customers with an affordable and cost-efficient solution that’s delivered on time
- Constantly review the project cost limitations in AWS accounts, AWS cost budget & forecasts, compute savings & reserved instances with client delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science
- 12+ years of experience in development and implementation of Cloud platform /IT solutions
- Experience in infrastructure, database, and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Preferred to have certification in AWS Certified Solution Architect and (or) Azure/GCP
- Strong experience in public cloud cost optimization strategies.
- Clear understanding of CSPs/RI, On Demand, Spot pricing at an enterprise level and scale
- Should have worked on cloud right sizing at enterprise level rather than isolating cost optimization at tenant/product specific level.
- Understanding of financial forecasting concepts
- Good to have knowledge in any of the scripting languages PowerShell / Python
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Should have good understanding of Cloud FinOps & billing structure.
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Behavioral Attributes:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess Can-Do attitude to overcome challenges with high energy levels.
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate