AA Tech is vast, and we are doing more with our technology to continually support our colleagues, customers, and partners; this is where you come in. Joining the AA family within our newly created position of Cloud FinOps Manager, you’ll implement the cloud financial operational processes and procedures across the AA, to ensure financial accuracy and cloud consumption efficiency. By doing this, you’ll oversee the FinOps service i.e., billing reconciliation, tagging accuracy & financial reporting across numerous of our superhero business units i.e., Data, IT, Digital etc.
Our vision for the role will be to monitor and analyse Cloud financial performance, recommend strategies to optimize operations and budget savings by collaborating with varying stakeholders across the business. We envision you preparing and analysing Cloud financial forecasts, budgets, and other cloud financial reports as required to ensure we continue to uphold compliance with financial regulations and legal requirements.
We want you to become our SME for Cloud FinOps and act as a key ‘go-to’ individual for business leaders and provide coaching/support to all colleagues responsible for cloud financial operations.
Caught your attention? It gets better…
What will I be doing?
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Responsible for developing and implementing cloud financial plans and strategies to ensure the organization’s success. This includes analysing cloud financial data, preparing financial reports, forecasting future financial performance, and developing risk management strategies
- Budgeting and Cost Management: Responsible for creating and managing budgets for the organization, tracking costs, and ensuring that the company stays within its allocated budget. This includes monitoring spend, creating financial reports, and recommending cost savings
- Optimisation recommendations: Responsible for managing stakeholders in the implementation of recommended best practise, ensuring these are managed through to completion
- Risk Management: Responsible for managing the risks associated with the company’s cloud financial operations. This includes assessing potential risks, developing strategies to mitigate them, and monitoring the company’s exposure to risk
- Financial Reporting: Responsible for preparing and presenting cloud financial reports to stakeholders. This includes creating financial statements, analysing financial trends, and providing insights into the organization’s cloud financial performance
- Internal Controls: Ensures that internal financial controls are properly functioning. This includes developing and implementing internal controls, monitoring compliance with them, and performing regular internal audits
- Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Management: Proactively create and maintain, healthy professional relationships with key AA stakeholders, third parties, and external partners. Ensure a regular and open dialogue occurs and that new relationships are sought on a regular basis
What do I need?
- Experience of financial operations, usage of cloud monitoring and reporting tools
- Good understanding of cloud cost optimization techniques and billing/metering for cloud platforms
- Knowledge of cloud contracting, commitment, licensing models, cloud strategies, Dev-Sec-Ops, and cloud-based operations
- Familiarity with managing the performance and reliability of distributed systems across various on-prem, virtualized and multi-cloud environments (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Previous managerial/lead experience as well as coaching/mentoring skills supporting colleagues
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to challenge, persuade and influence all stakeholders including Senior Leaders, Executives & Directors
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Absorbs complex information and communicates effectively
- Effective time management skills: with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise tasks, shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, deadline pressures
- Take initiative to keep own skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the IT industry
Ready to apply?
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
- Free AA breakdown membership from day one, 50% discount for family and friends in the first year plus discounts on other AA products
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + the option to buy additional annual leave
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
- Pension scheme available up to 7% contribution
- Exclusive EV discount scheme
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- Accessible Dental Insurance for colleagues and family members to cover key dental costs