Our Customer’s mission is to create groundbreaking sport innovations, by making their products more sustainable, building a creative and diverse global team, and making a positive impact in communities where we live and work. Their purpose is to bring inspiration and innovation to unite the world through sport to create a healthy planet, active communities, and an equal playing field for all.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated Senior Cloud FinOps Analyst on a contract basis to help support our Client’s business needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Report to the Director of Cloud FinOps, partner with the Lead Cloud FinOps Analyst, and work closely with a talented team of DevOps engineers and FinOps analysts
- Engage with leaders, analysts, engineers, developers, and other key members of the company’s Global Technology domains, as well as Finance and Accounting partners. The visibility of cloud spending will provide occasional opportunities to present to senior technology and business leaders
- Develop an intimate knowledge of our client’s Global Technology domains allowing you to produce valuable data for forecasting, show back, chargeback, and variance analysis
- Advise internal customers on tagging, metadata, and policy compliance, while raising the bar on the company’s overall cloud maturity
- Guide your internal customers through demand management and oversight controls
- Contribute to the development and iterative improvement of our data reporting, visualization, and policy-as-code products
- Assesses a well-defined problem and leads the development of a technical solution that meets the needs of the business and aligns with architectural standards
- Manage small- to moderate-sized solutions, or play a key role on larger teams, working within the parameters of two to three sprints
- Provide direction to team members and/or vendors
- Advise product owners on discrete technology-related business problems
- Formulate options, including assessing their relative merits and risks, and work with product owners to determine the best solution
- 3+ years of analyzing, forecasting, and reporting cloud spending (cash flow & amortized)
- Strong understanding of public cloud provider platforms and services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of public cloud provider billing methods and concepts
- Proficiency using third-party or cloud-native cloud cost reporting products and tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability, Cost Explorer, Azure Cost Mgmt+Billing)
- Working knowledge of financial close activities and accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with business and technical leaders, teams, and squads
- FinOps certification
- Public cloud provider certification(s)
- Understanding of Agile principles and Sprint Planning, including planning/backlog tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with Python or similar automation/scripting languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an IT-related discipline is required
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% remote.
- The salary range for this position is: $45.21 – $60.21 /hour
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application.
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors who plan to be onsite to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of the waiting period for eligible engagements)
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.