The FinOps Manager will manage the operational FinOps practice in CPS, providing cost visibility, best practice guidance and implementation of cost optimisation activities on behalf of Business Platforms and Markets. They will be accountable for the management of our FinOps service and practice, effectively leading a team of FinOps Analysts responsible for providing valuable and accurate cloud costs, tracking, monitoring, optimising and reporting in close collaboration with the Business Relationship Managers (BRM’s).
- Responsible for managing the FinOps practice and team, providing full visibility of cloud costs & consumption across CPS and UniOps, ensuring best practices are followed to deliver cost efficiencies. This includes:
- Reporting & Visibility – Managing relevant FinOps Tooling and other FinOps services to provide full visibility and transparency of costs across UniOps.
- Optimisation – Identification and execution of opportunities for cost optimization across the Platforms and Markets. Work closely with Cloud Operations on implementation.
- Continuous Improvements – ensuring all FinOps reporting includes information that is relevant, meaningful and actionable. Ensure our customers see value in our services, save money based on recommendations and receive meaningful and effective reports and tooling through products and supportive interactions.
- Influence and Educate – In collaboration with the BRM’s and Cloud Portfolio Architects, support the continued development of a cloud cost optimization framework and governance to support the education and awareness to Platforms on how to manage and influence cloud costs.
- Chargeback Model – Responsible for calculating the costs on a monthly or quarterly basis that are recovered from consumers. Work with Finance and the BRM’s to ensure the costs are reconciled and applied through agreed financial processes.
- Manage the FinOps Team, including the following:
- Be the lead-evangelist for FinOps across UniOps and work with the team to ensure all procedures, policies and processes are fit for purpose and up to date. Ensure the whole team are aware of the appropriate changes and impact.
- Develop, measure and track team KPIs designed to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manage the capacity and productivity of the team, including time tracking and analysis to understand resource requirements.
Key Skills And Relevant Experience
- 3+ years’ experience of FinOps capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, financial reporting and workflow management in a large service operations environment.
- Leadership experience with a track record for effective team management, able to deliver value at scale through the strengths of the team and others.
- Strong experience with utilising cloud cost optimization tools and/or 3rd party cost optimization solutions to deliver against FinOps strategy and goals.
- Good understanding of billing processes and financial data for cloud platforms, as well as financial cross charging mechanisms and processes.
- Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools/APIs.
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (across IT, finance, business functions) and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Strong management skills with a passion for people-development & training.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- FinOps Certified Practitioner
- GCP – Foundational Google Digital Leader
- Azure – AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Any appropriate financial qualifications
BEHAVIOURSCandidates Would Be Required To Demonstrate The Following Behaviours
- Accountability and Ownership – Strive for high quality and success, empower yourself and others to make decisions.
- Be bold – Challenge the status quo, be bold & passionate about cloud, think outside of the box and be willing to improve.
- Customer First – Thinking about our customers constantly by providing them with the best tools, services and end user experiences.
- Collaboration – Working in an openly creative culture, where all ideas are acknowledged encouraging innovation and transparency.
- Empowered – Always be one step ahead, embrace change and challenges, initiate solutions and make decisions in good faith.