As a Cloud FinOps Engineer, you will work on analyzing various data streams – one of them being cloud spend accross Cloud platforms, identify potential cost savings and define follow-up activities.Key part of the job is data extraction, setting up processes and systems to make working with data more efficient and presenting data to the wider audience.You will work closely with our DevOps and Finance teams to ensure we maintain our cloud cost spend and environment stability through data analysis, consulting, accurate documentation, and creative problem-solving.
Working hours:You will be working with 2 different time shifts:
- 09.00 AM – 17.00 PM UTC+08 for first week,
- 12.00 PM – 20.00 PM UTC+08 for second week, and so on
- Strong financial analysis skills, including forecasting, budgeting, and cost analysis using tools like Excel, PowerBI, or other financial modeling tools.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices, ensuring accurate financial reporting.
- Experience in budget management, including development, tracking, and forecasting of spending.
- Familiarity with cloud cost optimization strategies, such as rightsizing, reserved instances, and spot instances.
- Proficiency in using cloud cost management tools like Azure Cost Management for monitoring and controlling spending.
- Understanding of Azure services and pricing models to optimize cloud usage and reduce costs.
- Ability to identify and resolve billing issues or discrepancies with cloud vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with stakeholders across finance, IT, and business teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for identifying cost optimization opportunities and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in creating detailed financial reports and dashboards for insights and optimization in cloud spending.