Our mission at Vega is to help businesses better consume Public Cloud Infrastructure. We do this by saving our clients 15% of their annual bill on average – with some customers saving over 50%.
- Who we are: A disruptor in a stale market full of misguided approaches costing businesses billions every year
- Who you are: A detail-oriented analyst with a passion for learning and delivering value to our clients
- What we can do: Provide an employee-first culture where people want to work and a path to significant earnings
- What you can do: Work with various stakeholders to promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness for clients’ cloud spend
This is a multifaceted role with significant learning and growth potential. Your mission is to create an understanding of costs
and consumption, enabling clients to discover insights and drive value, and identify cost optimization opportunities.
the role will support include financial modeling, budgeting, and forecasting, consumption analysis, KPIs, show back, and analytics.
In this rapidly growing cloud startup, you’ll have the opportunity to join a highly motived team led by seasoned founders with
over a decade of experience. The ideal prospect is productive, fun, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare and review Cost Allocations (understanding data structures and taxonomies, cost pools, allocation logic, and business rules)
- Perform data validations associated with automation of infrastructure cost management & optimization
- Participate in business case development, cost modeling, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), benchmarking
- Support the cloud monthly budget and forecast processes
- Develop regular forecasts & budgets & perform budget variance analysis
- Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spend via regularly scheduled Zoom meetings
- Assist in building and maintaining cloud cost and consumption dashboards and KPIs
- Monitor cloud consumption to detect, investigate, & escalate anomalies & unplanned spikes
- Analyze, report, and produce meaningful insights from large raw datasets within cloud billing and usage tools and from internal tools
- Evaluate and investigate data patterns to derive insightful knowledge that can inform strategic and operational decisions
Your Skills & Experience
- 3 year of Data Analysis experience, 1 year in FinOps/Public Cloud billing
- Accounting and/or Finance Degree
- Strong analytical and quantitative data analysis; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience with client facing presentations and effectively communicating complex information
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders and team members
- Ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Experience conducting analysis of large data sets and preparing clear summaries
- Experience in data transformation using MS Excel
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, & GCP (a plus is knowledge of Cloud services offered, Cost Explorer, and billing semantics, CUR/billing report, Invoice process, Reserved Instances, Savings Plans, etc.)
- An aptitude for learning and understanding new concepts and technologies Cloud Provider certifications for AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
Vega Benefits | Vega Cloud offers all full-time team members competitive pay with bonus and stock options, along with a benefits package that includes paid medical, dental and vision premiums, FSA, 401k, unlimited PTO and more. To apply, email your resume to email@example.com