IT Cloud Financial operations specialist
Published: 26th May 2023
Closing Date: 25th July 2023
Verisure is seeking a talented, innovative, passionate IT Cloud FINOPS specialist to join our growing organisation. This role will report into the Director of Special Projects & Arlo IT.
You will work on topics of high interest and attention in the technology organisation as our growing cloud setup has high focus within the company.
Strategic context and Value proposition
Over the past years Verisure has delivered an exceptional and resilient financial performance with a decades-long track record of double-digit growth, built on a continuous drive for Innovation, sophisticated Go-To Market and replicable business model for expansion into new countries.
As our cloud infrastructure evolves and our footprint grows, the need to work with right sizing the footprint, driving creation of guidelines and best practices for our internal teams becomes more and more critical. We want to work with dedicated budgets and financial follow up on our environments. We see you as the person who with the internal help of our Operations and Finance teams makes this happen.
As IT Cloud FINOPS specialist you have the necessary technical platform expertise around Amazon and Azure to challenge how the platforms are being used to enable efficient cost oversight. You have financial background and are used to creating reports and presenting budgets.
This role provides an outstanding opportunity for a highly talented individual to work on cloud related operations and financial strategy projects and work closely with the IT Management Team of the company.
- Being the owner of the multi-year spend-budget and leading multi-year agreements and contracts negotiations with cloud vendors.
- Monthly and yearly review and forecast of the spend, identifying deviations and linking to technical or business reasons. Should be able to explain the current situation and spend.
- Monitor Cloud Vendor roadmap and changes to identify opportunities to be later analyzed with the teams.
- Creating Strategic objectives Owns the optimizations/reduction budget. Starting from the strategic objectives defines a plan with the technical experts to achieve those objectives by identifying actions and teams involved to execute it. Requires technology knowledge on the high level to be able to analyze feasibility effort and plan those actions.
- Prepare presentations to relevant stakeholders (IT, Finance) regarding status, planning and performance of the cloud actions.
Experience and competencies
The successful candidate will have an academic background, and a proven track record as a proactive, solution-oriented executor focused on driving value to the business.
- Fluent English; French and/or Spanish would be strong pluses
- Top, successful educational background (engineering or financial administration)
- Successful professional experience, preferably with Tech Consulting, Finance or Banking
- Strong analytical skills (data organization and presentation)
- Detail orientation and impeccable precision
- Structural ( creating order and repetitive data for follow-up and projections)
- Collaborative working across geographies and technical and financial functions.
- Reliability and transparency
- Insights (needle in a haystack) and creativity (future is yet to be written)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Strong fit with our Company DNA
- Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something; we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
- Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it’s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another’s strengths, investing in and developing our team’s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.
- Company: Verisure
- Type: Full-time
- Seniority: Mid-level Contributor
- FinOps Certifications Required: None