Wayfair is on a cloud modernization journey and we’re looking for an experienced Cloud FinOps Architect to own the GCP cost optimization strategy and execution across Wayfair’s technology ecosystem.
This person’s mission is to identify opportunities for cloud optimization, prioritize how we need to tackle them, and partner with leaders across Wayfair (Technology, Finance) to execute against these opportunities to drive tangible results. This role is an individual contributor role that will lead and empower a highly matrixed team of engineering, product, and finance leaders as we get on our cloud modernization journey to meet customer demand with a focus on efficiency, scalability, and profitability, with real-time impact on the entire business.
Our technology enables our entire family of retail brands (Wayfair, Perigold, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane) and our operations in 5 different customer markets. In 2022, Wayfair achieved ~$12 billion in net revenue which at our $800+ billion (and growing) total addressable market means we are just getting started.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategy Development: Craft and execute strategies for optimizing technology costs, balancing performance, scalability, and savings.
- Cost Analysis: Examine cloud spend trends, uncover savings opportunities, and implement cost optimization initiatives. Additionally, establish cost management standards in partnership with Engineering teams.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Partner across Engineering, Product, and Finance leadership to align cloud objectives with company financial goals.
- Reporting Management: Create and oversee tools to identify cost trends, anomalies, and budget tracking. Additionally, identify and establish automation to manage and monitor cloud cost.
- Financial Planning: Collaborate on financial objectives, strategies, budgets, forecasts, and monthly reviews with senior management, finance, and technology teams.
- Compliance: Uphold industry regulations and standards in technology cost management.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, information systems, information technology, software engineering, or computer engineering.
- 12+ years of experience in engineering or technology, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience.
- Proven cost management skills with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and hands-on experience with cloud-based services.
- Hands-on experience driving cloud modernization efforts within high-growth environments at scale.
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams/vendors with an ability to align priorities across finance and technology.
- Exceptional analytical, communication, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving abilities; ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Nice to Haves:
- Cloud Certifications – FinOps Certified, Cloud Provider certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP), Cloud Economics.
*This is a hybrid role (Tues-Thurs) and can be based out of our Toronto, Boston, Austin, Seattle or Mountain View office*