Wells Fargo Technology Infrastructure Finance supports nearly $3 Billion of the firm’s technology infrastructure budget. This highly visible role will have ownership and accountability for all Technology Financial Management activities in support of the division’s financial planning and analysis team. This includes coordination of all financial planning deliverables, oversight and quality management of monthly forecasting and month-end close processes (e.g., accruals, journals, headcount ramp plans, resource planning, investment analysis, and vendor expense updates), and annual planning activities.
The Finance Lead Consultant will be a strategic thinker and partner to the Technology finance teams and Chiefs of Staff with day-to-day responsibilities focused on process improvement, transformation, and tool adoption. Additionally, the Finance Lead will have responsibilities to organize planning processes and coordinate and compile investment book of work (BOW) expense planning and business case development in collaboration with Technology and LOB counterparts.
Strong analytical abilities with knowledge of financial systems and related process workflows with the ability to simplify/analyze large data sets in order to tell the story behind the financials and prepare creative and intuitive presentations will be critical for this role.
In this role, you will:
Reporting into a Senior Finance Manager for Technology Infrastructure’s Hybrid and Strategy, Transformation, and Business Services group, the Finance Lead Consultant will have responsibilities for the following:
- Prepare expert strategy and financial presentations and narratives for tech partners.
- Partner with Technology Management and finance teams to drive transformational change to financial processes to ensure accuracy, stability, efficiency, and transparency.
- Coordination of Procurement spending and contract reviews for their business.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and recommendations supporting improvement opportunities (e.g., streamlining processes and reporting, financial and headcount trends, etc.)
- Partner across the firm to develop financial management solutions and toolsets leveraging best practices and creative thinking that allow for consistent/streamlined processes.
- Drive technology finance tool adoption with process evolution across Enterprise Functions Technology Finance.
- Ensure connectivity of financial data ecosystem and toolsets to optimize financial processes.
- • Drive annual budgeting process including business case prioritization of technology investments and spend ensuring strict governance of deliverables and transparency of financials
- Maintain, refine, and report key metrics and performance indicators across areas such as Technology workforce, resource management, BOW investment spends, vendor usage and spend, and infrastructure strategy.
- Liaise with various stakeholders across Technology, Finance, and COO to ensure best practices and desired results.
Required Qualifications: US
- 7+ years’ experience in Financial Acumen, Analytics, and Business Process
- 7+ years’ experience in financial management supporting large-scale organizations.
- 3+ years’ experience in leadership/partnership role
- Organized and detail-oriented, strong project management skills.
- Exceptional and creative PowerPoint skills
- A demonstrated ability to conceive, design, and implement business process improvements that improve efficiency while maintain a strong risk and control environment.
- Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level.
- Superior time management skills with ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities for both day-to-day activities and longer-term projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting or Economics• Experience partnering in either a Finance and/or Business Management leadership capacity and providing insights/recommendations to senior management• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across business and technology support functions.
- Confident and personable attitude with the ability to face off with senior management at all levels, influence/handle difficult messages, problem solve, and resolve conflicts•
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities under pressure.
• 3+ years of Technology Finance experience
• Experience with Cloud technology financials and FinOps
• Experience with visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau and Business Objects preferred
• Self-motivated individual to go beyond immediate responsibilities
• Demonstrated track record of successfully building organizational capability including high performing teams, process, and technology. This includes a keen focus and proven results in developing a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement, customer loyalty and satisfaction.