Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform duties related to the implementation, management, maintenance, enhancement, support the Cloud Finance Management (CFM) function
- Develop features for cloud cost management and spend reporting solution
- Breaks features into vertically sliced stories and clearly communicates these requirements to platform and engineering teams via user stories, use case scenarios and acceptance criteria to help focus the team on solving the right challenges
- Works with Platform and Engineering teams to implementation requirements, understand dependencies and drive the solution process
- Drives functional and user acceptance testing as part of the feature implementation
- Examine current business processes and Identify opportunities to
- to improve the processes, procedures, and governance
- to manage, bring in transparency and optimize the cloud costs
- Performs root cause analysis and application resolution
- Drives troubleshooting of issues by working with Platform and Engineering or any other teams involved to arrive at a satisfactory resolution
- Create process and training documentation for consumption by our tenant teams as required
- Creates and maintains internal documentation on FinOps and cost optimization processes and tenant environments
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, finance, IT or analytics; MBA/engineering degree
- Possess a current FinOps certification, or ability to attain within 6 months
- Possess an Azure/AWS Fundamentals certification or ability to attain within 12months
What special skills/training is needed to perform the job?.
- 3+ years’ experience in a cloud business operations role with an emphasis on forecast accuracy, cost optimization and Finops solutions.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and sprint cadence along with tools like jira.
- Experience with at least one of the public clouds – Azure or AWS
- Basic knowledge of Cloud provider tools and billing mechanics AWS/Azure
- Experience with any of cloud cost monitoring and optimization tools
- Fair knowledge of SaaS/Cloud business models
- Highly motivated self-starter with a very strong work ethic who is willing to work both autonomously and as part of a growing team.
- Ability to operate at multiple altitudes, prioritize workload across multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to evaluate and tackle complex problems and understand the implications of different business approaches.
- Exceptional social skills, able to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with financial modeling and spreadsheets (Excel, PowerBI, Quicksight, Tableau, etc)
- Remarkable analytical skills and the ability to distil sophisticated information
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills