About the Team
This role will be part of the Cloud Business Office team that is responsible for FinOps aspects of Public Cloud spend management. The team is responsible for forecasting Demand and Capacity needs for all Workday services be it in Data Centers or on AWS or on GCP. The team is comprised of Workmates who are proficient in Jupyter Notebooks, statistical analysis and Cloud optimization
About the Role
The FinOps Manager position will be responsible for driving public cloud usage governance across Workday. We are looking for an experienced leader with in-depth knowledge and experience about public clouds and cost management. This function enables Workday’s growth in using public cloud infrastructure working in close collaboration with engineering thereby bridging the world of finance and tech
This job contains technical aspects, such as understanding Workday’s technology stack, working closely with the platform engineering team and environment operations team to define tagging of Workday Services with public cloud resources, outlining cloud strategy, analyzing cloud billing data using data analysis tools as well as 3rd party tools like Densify and Kubecost. This role entails setting up governance of public cloud usage by establishing accountability of spend to each department and sub-department by setting targets, tracking real time consumption & costs, driving cost optimization, deciding on sourcing pricing strategy as well as understanding our unit economics. You like finding yourself being a go-to person when it comes to these initiatives
• 10+ years of experience of which 3+ years of experience in a cloud business operations role with an emphasis on cost optimization.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Hands on experience in optimizing AWS and GCP Cloud spend
•Strong understanding of technical engineering concepts of Applications infrastructure requirements, understanding of AWS requirements for engineering capacity, ability to partner cross-organizationally and drive cost optimization discussions, attention to detail, innovative thought leader to develop cost optimization strategies.
• Have skills to extract and analyze complex datasets using well optimized SQL queries, Python and/or RCan configure analytics platforms (for example Tableau) to prepare dashboards and reports
• Build sound relationships, consistently work with feedback, and clearly communicate expectations with team members and partners
• Appreciate working with distributed teams and influencing all of strategy, tactics, and execution, in an inclusive manner
• Ability to partner with stakeholders in Engineering and Product on cloud best practices and costing in order to influence business case decisions.
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
To request a modification to this listing please email email@example.com