- Month-end chargeback – Applying RI and savings plan credits then distributing cloud costs to each individual product cost center.
- Monthly budget management and automated alerting via CloudHealth, Slack and email
- Invoice reconciliation for AWS and GCP
- Annual budget cycle – Define the annual budget then work with BU stakeholders to ensure it is accurate
- Cloud cost triage – Connect with each product prime when they exceed monthly cloud spend – Target state is 12% variance
- Daily anomaly detection
- Committed Use Discount Strategy and management
- Reserved Instance purchases and renewals
- Savings plan management
- Reserved instance exchanges
- Reserved Instance analysis and recommendations
- FinOps intro sessions and training
- The candidate needs to be competent in financial management with a good understanding of cloud technologies.
- They need to understand cloud cost management, be fluent in the FinOps framework and be comfortable in partnering with people at all levels from developers to directors.
Duration: 6-12+ Months