Position: Manager, IT Cloud Operations
Location:San Jose, CA
NOTE: US Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
The Manager of Cloud Operations will function as the point person for all cloud infrastructure operations and will support the cloud operations team in their day-to-day responsibilities. The candidate will be responsible for the operational team supporting our Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure environments. Additional requirements include the development of roadmaps based on maturity assessments and pain points for capabilities around architecture, engineering, integration, and reporting for both our staff and technology solutions; defining roles and responsibilities to establish a sustainable IT enterprise cloud program, operating models, and business cases with both qualitative and quantitative analysis; collaboration and coordination with stakeholders with Zscaler Engineering, Security, Cloud Operations and IT Teams.
- Program Management Requirements: The Manager of IT Cloud Operations will function as the technical and operational program manager responsible for their team’s project plans in conjunction with the operational project managers to ensure accurate, consistent, and timely project and application milestone delivery. Specific duties include but are not limited to developing and maintaining project plans, directing work to other team members, creating status reports, facilitating decisions, identifying and mitigating risks, collecting and interpreting data from various sources, presenting measure and program results to clinical and operations executives, and managing evolving technical requirements.
- People Management: The Manager of IT Cloud Operations will be responsible for the performance management and development process to foster a collaborative and high-performing team. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and sustaining a workplace culture, which aligns with the mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of Zscaler. Function as an effective resource to facilitate conflict resolution and enable collaboration across multiple teams. A key measure of success will be implementing, communicating, and maintaining strong processes to support both the IT cloud team and the enterprise stakeholders.
- Scope of Responsibilities: Involves the development and implementation of the IT tools that are applied to corporate IT, Engineering, and Cloud Operations. Works closely with Engineering and IT Teams to optimize the effective use of systems. Defines systems and applications to support various functions. May provide customer service, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Nine (9) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related area plus five (5) years of related experience/training.
- Related experience in AWS/Azure Solution architecture, solution engineering, and/or management/oversight of complex cloud/virtual environments and platforms.
- Managing cloud operations and/or architecture teams
- Demonstrated experience in building multi-level infrastructure integrations in a secure and complex environment
- 5 plus years of management of AWS and AWS Architecture
- Understanding of Network and Security Technologies and concepts
- Working knowledge and administration of Bitbucket and Confluence
- Working knowledge of Service Now and Jira
- AWS Architecture experience
- Ability to create AWS Budget reporting and/or FinOps Methodology
- Ability to work with a FEDRAMP-certified environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a sustainable agile framework.
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds; demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including executive-level management, on a regular basis.
- Broad, working knowledge of other cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $113,750 to $175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Zscaler’s salary ranges are benchmarked and are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations and could be higher or lower based on a multitude of factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity