The role of Cloud Engineer operates within the Cloud Engagement Office (CEO) team in our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). The CCoE is a cross-functional team responsible for developing and managing the cloud strategy, governance, and best practices that the rest of the organization can leverage to transform the business using the cloud. This role has a particular emphasis on Finance Operations (FinOps) in the public cloud. Key focus areas will include cloud cost management, chargeback to Zurich internal customers and analysing spend to ensure that Zurich operates lean in the cloud. This is not a coding role, although there are opportunities to utilise coding skills as required.
The CEO is recognised as the conduit for internal customers of Zurich’s multi-cloud platform to accelerate cloud adoption across the business and manage the roadmap for cloud migrations. The CEO product portfolio spans Cloud Advisory, FinOps, Risk & Compliance and Cloud Education. The Cloud Engineer role would appeal to a person who enjoys variety and developing opportunities within an evolving global function.
As part of the CEO team and delivering the CEO product portfolio you will help to:
- Develop and enhance cost optimisation solutions enabling lean operations for Zurich applications
- Perform FinOps analytics to enhance decision making processes and improving products and services around business cases, budgets, spend, cost savings and more.
- Define and develop the KPIs and reporting structures to demonstrate how cloud services align with the business objectives
- Provide advisory services and presentations to stakeholders on CCoE cloud processes, and roadmap items, which will enable a greater stakeholder experience
- Support the estimation of cloud costs for solution proposals
- Manage stakeholders collaboratively, and the multiple initiatives across the cloud product portfolio in a trusted advisor capacity
- Maximise available tooling and features to improve product delivery and customer experience
- Maintain a JIRA based backlog for the FinOps product within the CEO team
- Continuous alignment with other CCoE Product teams where required to ensure continuous development of an iterative cloud road map to plan for ongoing changes to services\platforms as technologies emerge and new features are requested by users
- Maintain a progressive relationship with Zurich’s third party suppliers
- Develop and promote a FinOps culture in Zurich
- Show initiative, own issues, and take on challenges on behalf of CCoE & CEO
- Become familiar with wider IT, CCoE Services and processes
- Become familiar with and adhere to Zurich security and architecture policies
Your Skills & Experience
As a Cloud Engineer (FinOps) your skills and qualifications will include:
- 3+years’ experience delivering AWS or Azure public cloud services in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Proficiency in AWS (preferred) or Azure cost management, usage and billing services with relevant associated certifications
- Relevant degree or diploma programme of study
- Understand IT Infrastructure methodologies and cloud technical constructs
- Project, program or service delivery management experience in virtual/cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- 6+years’ experience delivering AWS or Azure public cloud services in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS cost management services with associated certifications
- Proficient in any of the following – Atlassian JIRA platform, Service Now
- Experience with one or more Infrastructure as Code languages: Terraform, CloudFormation, Python, or general API Integration, PowerBI
Primary work location is Blackrock based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Jemma Doran is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.